From what I can gather, the Sunshine Award is a fun way for the world at large to get to know each other. The rules according to Jaime:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated.
** You cannot nominate a blogger who has nominated you. **
Ok.... this I can do. Jaime Vandergrift (yes I checked the spelling... more than once) added me to the list and I received the notification on Twitter. That seems fitting. Jaime and I met on Twitter sadly while she was leaving the state of Texas. We miss you girl! The state of Georgia has really lucked out :D They received not only a great educator but a very connected one. Jaime managed to get some of her Texan friends to join her at GAETC this year. Told you she's awesome! She can be found blogging here and on Twitter @JaimeVanderG.
11 Random Facts
- I love crafts. I guess you could say I was Pinterest before it was cool (even though I just recently joined). I sew, knit, crochet, make wreaths, quilt, cross-stich, etc.
- I can stand up on planes (even by the window) and sit cross legged in the seats.
- I cry during movies... even ones I've seen 1000 times.
- I hate MOST 80s movies including Breakfast Club, 16 candles, Star Wars, Star Trek, all the Griswalls, Weekend at Bernies, Goonies, etc.
- If I could live any place in the world, it would be on the beach.
- My favorite car is the 1967 Corvette Stingray.
- I'm an adrenaline junkie (see number 6).
- I've never had a surprise birthday party but always wanted one.
- I held my bottle with my feet as a baby.
- I collect high heel shoes, both real to wear and knick-knacks for my office.
- Do you prefer to shop in stores or online? Shop? Online. Browse? In store.
- How many pairs of shoes do you own? Over 100!
- What is your favorite type of music? All... I say that my Playlist has multiple personality disorder. It just depends on my mood.
- Cats or dogs? Neither. I don't want fur in my house!
- What is your typical bedtime? Midnight. Yes. You may call me Cinderella.
- Favorite Twitter chat? #DENchat
- Democrat/Republican/Other? Other. They all need a reality check! I can say. I have a BS in Political Science. No really, I do!
- Best place you ever vacationed? Haven't much.... San Antonio.
- Best book you've read in 2013? Drive by Daniel Pink
- Favorite television show growing up? Boy Meets World
- What is one thing you rarely/never share that you are exceptionally proud of? I am the only person in my family to have a college degree. AND I have a Masters too!
My 11 Bloggers
Tony Baldasaro - @baldy7
George Couros - @gcouros
Rafranz Davis - @RafranzDavis
Bryan Doyle - @BryanpDoyle
Carl Hooker - @mrhooker
Jessica Johnston - @edTechChic
Sandy Kendell - @EdTechSandyK
Amy Mayer - @FriEdTechnology
Dean Shareski - @Shareski
Beth Still - @BethStill
Jen Wagner - @JenWagner
And now YOUR questions!
- Why did you start blogging?
- Who was the first person you followed on Twitter?
- Why did you get into education?
- If you could possess only one piece of hardware, what would it be?
- What was your very first tweet?
- If education wasn't an option in any form, what would you be instead?
- What was/is your favorite lesson to teach in the classroom?
- What tweet would you leave in a time capsule for 50 years from now?
- Favorite food?
- What is something someone special in your life considers odd about you?
- What is one thing you rarely/never share that you are exceptionally proud of?
Have fun! And share the sunshine :D